Tuesday 23 December 2008

i love the winter

Credit: Emmy's Myspace.
I love winter. Mostly because I'm not a grumpy git.

Here is the soundtrack to your Christmas. Emmy The Great. This is the kind of music you should listen to when your heating is broken and you haven't got enough covers and the crappy little decorations are all falling off the fake silver plastic tree you bought from Morrisons and you're developing S.A.D. and thinking about all the vets in Lithuania killing themselves.

Emmy The Great is great. The lyrics she pours out are absolutely beautiful. I went up to her after the Pure Groove gig a couple of days ago to tell her this:
Me: You were great.
Emmy:
Thanks!
Me: Your lyrics are really beautiful.
Emmy: Yeah well the ones I can remember [she sang a cover and forgot the lyrics]. Wow I like your coat!
Me: Oh thanks - my boyfriend says I look like a packet of Fruit Pastels...
Emmy: Yeah, you do kinda look like a Fruit Pastel lolly, but like in a good way!

Emmy The Great - Easter Parade
Emmy The Great - Where Is My Mind

1 comment:

Professor Proton said...

I'm becoming quite enamored with Emmy for equal parts of her smart lyrics, spring bloom voice and sheer cuteness. Can't wait for her full album.

Thanks for posting these!