Saturday 13 December 2008

technotechnotechno - synesthesia special!

haha. good tee. wastedgermanyouth

I like minimal. Minimal is fun. What makes minimal even more fun for me is because I'm special and have synesthesia (yeah it applies to words and letters too, with colours and genders). So, basically, I automatically visualise the music in a running reel of mutating, convulsing shapes and forms, and minimal techno forms the most interesting patterns and visualisations for me (along with noise rock, other music with complex structures, and singular raw sounds). So that's how I'm going to describe my favourite minimal techno! (i.e. rambling like a mentalist)

M I N I M I N I M A L M I X T A P E
Theodor Zox - Extruder (Maetrik Remix) (Tiefschwarz Fabric)
The sounds here are like schizophrenic ping-pong balls seeking out other notes like dogs sniffing your balls for hidden pieces of crack, and then whilst you're visualising tat image, someone comes along and half wipes it off with a wave of an echasketch over your mind.

GummiHz - A.A.K.N.Y. ( Tiefschwarz Fabric again...but it's just so motherlickin' good!)
In lateral terms, this is impossibly hard to describe in terms of visualisations, but I see it as four levels of visualisations for the different sounds laid on top of one another like tracing paper. In linear terms, it's a pulsating ping-pong beat that makes me want to dance like an Egyptian. There's something Egyptian about it! There is! I'm not insane!

Mark-Henning - Sicknote
(from M.A.N.D.Y. fabric)
The best intro ever. M.A.N.D.Y. are amazing, their Fabric cd is incredible for minimal heads. Visualising this is like trying to understand an M.C Escher work, but lacking the stillness of the drawing - it's as if all the parts were moving all the time. Listening to this is incredibly distracting.

Ziggy Kinder - Chop Ziggy
It's like someone rewinding a chinese musical box, and then throwing chimes into deep water, and you're like "WHAT IS GOING ON"

Credit: I stole this image off Google Images. If you're pissed, let me know. If this image is of you - please tell me, how did it happen?

It - Woman In The Toilet (Stefan Goldmann Macro Version)
This would be really distracting to walk to because you'd match the beat if you were listening to it through headphones, then you'd get the i'm-wearing-new-shoes kind of anxious. Again, in terms of abstract-visualisations-ness, it would look like you're looking head-on down a slinky, and somebody at the other end is pushing it towards and away from your face, and this is causing the round shape of the slinky to change into morphing triangles, squares and diamonds (because the music is quite clean and precise and staccato.

Louderbach - Grace (Anxiety)

Imagine dropping a penny into water, and then imagine the process backwards repeated a thousand times.

Synesthesia is amazing.

If you liked that, buy these.
Always Check The Label:
Poker Flat Recordings
Kompakt
bPitch Control

Here's my alphabet for the record:

No comments: